November 8th, 2013
About 100 outpatients, visitors and staff were evacuated from a hospital in North Yorkshire, United Kingdom, due to an acid spill, firefighters wearing gas-tight suits were sent into Harrogate Hospital to tackle fumes caused by the spill. The spill involved a drum containing peracetic acid which was soon made safe, the fire service said.
No-one was injured and there had been “no impact” on inpatients, a hospital spokesman said. The incident had caused minor delays in the outpatients department, but patients with appointments should attend as normal, he added.
What is your opinion about this? Leave a comment to let me know! Don’t forget to follow the blog via e-mail to get notifications when more news are posted!